I love lists, and I love to answer questions. So I took the freedom to copy this list of 50 things about me from Kathleen and put my own answers to them…
1. What year was the best year of your life?
Wow – that’s a tough one. I would have to say … (drumroll) … 1999. My year abroad, and the year I fell in love with my husband.
2. One animal or insect that Noah should have left off the ark?
Hhm – maggots.
3. Do you make a wish before blowing out your birthday candles?
No. I make a wish when I blow away a lost eyelash, though. We do that over here, I don’t know why.
4. Do you generally open your bills on the day that you receive them?
Depends on my account balance…
5. How many pillows are on your bed?
6. Favorite ice cream flavor?
7. What is the most dominate color in your wardrobe?
earth colours. does that count?
8. Have you ever seen a ghost?
I don’t think so, no. I believe in feeling the presence of people I’ve lost though.
9. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?
Cirque du Soleil: yes, pleasure.
10. Favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
It used to be breakfast. Now: dinner.
11. Your favorite fictional animal?
12. Have you ever flown first-class?
13. Would you go on a reality show?
14. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future?
Depends on my mood, but usually optimistic.
15. Pancakes or waffles?
16. If you could own a home anywhere in the world, where would it be?
New York City!
17. Your favorite Soup of the Day?
Pumpkin soup. With orange juice.
18. What site is a must see for all visitors to your city?
19. Can you recommend a good restaurant in your city?
20. You go to the zoo; What is the one animal that you want to see?
21. Potatoes, rice, or pasta; Which is your favorite?
22. What is the best movie that you’ve seen this year?
23. One of your favorite books when you were a child?
24. What in your life are you most grateful for?
25. You are home alone and use the bathroom; do you close the door?
26. What is your favorite small appliance?
7. Salty snacks or sweet treats?
28. Are you usually a little early, a little late, or right on time?
early. I hate it but it’s true.
29. What is the most daring thing that you have ever done?
Moving to Hamburg at 19 without knowing anyone there.
30. Have you ever met someone famous?
Yes, I have.
31. What was one of your favorite games as a child?
5 friends (there’s a book in German by the same name which we all loved…)
32. At what age have you looked your best?
At 30, while I was pregnant 😉
33. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
My oldest friend’s boyfriend. And my son.
34. What was the first music that you ever bought?
An Oldies compilation. (I know! I was 13 or something)
35. If you could change one thing about your family life when you were a child, what would it be?
Less arguments and more humour when I was 17.
36. What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments?
Apple walnut crumble.
37. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
sueddeutsche and haaretz.
38. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them?
39. Who received your first kiss?
Thomas Damberg. A looooong time ago.
40. The single most important quality in a mate?
Sense of humor.
41. What do you value most in a relationship?
42. Do you believe that you have a soulmate?
43. Do you consider yourself well organized?
44. On average, how many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
45. Did you ever make a prank phone call?
Yes, but I was so afraid!
46. What one quality do you seek in a friend?
47. Have you ever killed an animal?
Apart from flies, spiders and ants: no.
48. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
49. Do you believe in a afterlife?
I am not sure.
50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life?
I want to be a good mother without losing myself.