Right now, life is crazy busy over here. Every time this happens, part of me longs for a quick get-away to far-away, exotic places. Preferably those I haven’t been to before. Here are some of them, in no particular order:
1. Iceland. There is something about this place that makes it magical and mystical in my head. I’ve been wanting to go there for a looong time.
2. Kenya. A good friend grew up there, and her brother is painting the most amazing pictures of their time there. I think I haven’t been there yet partly because I’m afraid I will want to move there. Or something.
3. Damascus, Syria. I can’t count the times someone has told me Damascus is the most beautiful city ever anymore. I want to see for myself.
4. Kashmir. Supposedly unbelievably beautiful, at the same time part of a political conflict. This has to appeal to someone of my profession.
5. Japan. I’m fascinated with the Geisha- and Samurai-culture, and absolutely adore Japanese artwork.
6. Istanbul, Turkey. I want to see where Europe meets Asia.
7. The Scottish Highlands. I have been to Scotland a couple of times, but have never made it into the Highlands proper. (We are going there this summer!!!)
8. The American West coast. I have never been to any Pacific coast, but have heard much about it. My dream is a tour with my family in a camper down from Vancouver to Mexico.
9. The Carribean Islands. I realise that’s a whole lot of islands, but I just find it too hard to decide! They all sound fabulous.
10. The Black Sea. I have seen the Red Sea and the Dead Sea. I want to go to Crimea, too.